The following article will provide you with all the information you need on the steps to apply for Free Government iPhone 11.
Smartphones have evolved into a necessity for everyone today. The useful, portable smart device keeps us connected to family and friends, work, education, healthcare, and other emergency services, and it allows us to use the numerous useful apps and features it provides.
Unlike other conventional models, iPhone models are coveted by the majority of people in the United States. In fact, most people tend to save more money in order to purchase the latest iPhone model in order to appear trendy and classy. Fortunately, iPhone models are extremely durable, dependable, and strong. Aside from that, they have powerful technology, appealing designs, and a plethora of security features, among other impressive features. The iPhone 11 is a good model that you should get.
While many people can afford to purchase an iPhone 11 upfront without giving it a second thought, it is not easy for others. And the fact that iPhones are among some of the most expensive phones in the world, does not provide much help either. But don’t worry, there are several ways to get an iPhone for yourself without burning a hole through your wallet.
Read on to know how to apply for free government iPhone 11.
Can I Get A Free iPhone 11 From The Government?
With the introduction of the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) combined with the Lifeline program and funding from the US Government, several service providers have started offering iPhones to eligible customers absolutely free of cost. But expecting a recently launched model from one of the most expensive smartphone brands in the world, that too free of charge, is nothing short of an overshoot.
Given the fact that iPhone 11 has been launched less than three years ago (September of 2019), and is one of the most advanced models launched by Apple, the retail prices of the smartphone are too high for the government to cover.
So, you cannot get an iPhone 11 from the government free of charge. However, there are several programs under which you can get older iPhone models for free.
Which iPhone models Can I Get For Free From the Government?
As discussed above, there is no method to get an iPhone 11 from the government free of charge. But you can receive iPhone models launched 4 to 5 years ago, absolutely free of cost through the Lifeline and ACP program. Some of the iPhone models that you can get include:
- iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
It’s worth noting that, until recently, Lifeline providers could only offer entry-level to mid-range Android smartphones and feature phones.
Only after the government launched the Affordable Connectivity Program during the pandemic did wireless providers participating in both programs have sufficient resources to offer newer Android smartphones and even Apple iPhones. Furthermore, while many wireless providers provide both Lifeline and ACP benefits, only a few of them are generous enough to provide iPhones.
Some providers that offer iPhones free of charge include AirTalk Wireless, Cintex Wireless, NewPhone Wireless and SFone Wireless.
How to get a free government iPhone
If you want a free government iPhone, make sure you qualify by applying for the Lifeline or ACP programs. The good news is that some carriers now offer a free iPhone model if you meet the necessary eligibility requirements. In addition to receiving a free iPhone model, you will be able to take advantage of discounted monthly cell phone plans, as well as other incredible deals to keep you connected on the cheap.
Currently, you can only get a free iPhone through two government assistance programs: Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program. Lifeline is a federal assistance program that helps low-income people and households afford communications services.
The program has been in place since the mid-1980s, when the government recognized the importance of communications services. It offers monthly discounts on phone, wireless, and internet services. Some Lifeline service providers (but not all) provide free government phones.
In contrast, the Affordable Connectivity Program, or ACP, is a brand-new program that provides discounts on monthly broadband services. Some ACP providers will also give you a one-time discount of up to $100 when you buy an internet-connected device like a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
Eligibility criteria to apply for free government iPhone
While there are provisions to obtain iPhones for free, not everyone can enjoy these benefits. People who have a low annual income or are part of a government assistance program qualify for the Lifeline and ACP program to receive a free government iPhone. The eligibility criteria are listed below:
- Household income is at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Part of government assistance programs like:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start (Only individuals or households who meet the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
You need to meet at least one of the above mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for a free government iPhone.
Following are the list of documents that you will need to get verified and apply for a free government iPhone:
- Personal verification document. Can be any one of the following:
- Birth certificate
- U.S driver’s licence
- Valid government-issued, Tribal, state or military ID
- Certificate of U.S Citizenship or naturalisation
- Green card or permanent resident card
- Address verification document. Can be a copy of any one of the following:
- Utility bill
- Recent tax or W-2 return
- Lease or mortgage statement
- Eligibility documents. Can be any one of the following:
- Current income statement from your employer
- Paycheck stub
- Child support award
- Veterans administration statement of benefits
- Tribal or Federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Paycheck stub
In case of being part of a government assistance program, provide any one of the following documents:
- Benefit verification letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit award letter
How to Apply for Free iPhone 11
There are three methods to apply for a free government iPhone:
ONLINE: to apply for Lifeline and ACP programs online through the Lifeline/ACP support center, follow the steps provided below:
- Head over to the website nv.fcc.gov/lifeline (Lifeline online application form) or nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&amp;amp;amp;ebbp=true (ACP online application form)
- Select your state/territory, and click on ‘get started.’ (You may need to login, or create a new account)
- Once you reach the online application page, fill in all the necessary details and submit your application.
THROUGH MAIL: follow the steps provided below to apply via mail.
- Print out an application form for Lifeline from the website lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf and ACP application at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- If you are applying for the ACP program, include a Household Worksheet. You can get it here: affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf
- Fill out the form and add your verification documents.
- Mail your application to Lifeline/ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH SERVICE PROVIDER: In case you wish to apply directly through a service provider, you need to choose a service provider that offers a free government iPhone via Lifeline or ACP program. Thankfully, you will not miss a carrier that will please you. Once you choose that company, you can start the application process and wait for a response from the carrier’s team on the other end.