This article covers detailed information about Assurance Wireless free tablet, eligibility criteria, required documents, availability, application process, and other things that you might need to know.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Assurance Wireless Free Tablet
Assurance Wireless is a popular network service provider in the United States that offers free and discounted services under government assistance Lifeline and ACP.
The provider offers discounted data plans, free cell phones, iPhones, discounted tablets, etc., to eligible low-income households.
Please note that the provider does not offer a tablet completely for free. You can get a one-time discount of $100 on purchasing a tablet from Assurance Wireless(That too if you qualify for the ACP program).
Eligibility Criteria to get an Assurance Wireless Free Tablet
The eligibility to get an Assurance Wireless free tablet under the ACP program is –
Your annual family income must be below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Alternatively, if you or any family member participates in any of the listed government programs, you are eligible for an Assurance Wireless free tablet –
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only for households meeting the income qualifying standard).
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Poor Families (Tribal TANF)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
- Free & Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
Documents required to apply for an Assurance Wireless Free Tablet
The documents you need to provide while applying for the Assurance Wireless ACP program are as follows –
Required documents if you qualify through any federal government programs –
You will need proof of registration in a federal government assistance program that comprises your name, the program’s name, etc.
You may deliver any one of the following –
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- School documentation
Required documents if you are applying via income basis –
Any legal document containing your full name and annual income showing your existing income is under 200% of the Federal Poverty level.
You can submit one of the following documents –
- Current income statement or a paycheck stub
- The previous year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Federal or tribal letter of participation in General Assistance
- A Veteran Administration statement of benefits (VA cards alone are not accepted)
- An Unemployment/Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits
General documents –
Apart from the documents that prove your eligibility, you may be required to provide some general documents to ascertain your identity, age, or address.
In such a case, you can furnish photo ID proof through a valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID, driver’s license, passport, etc.
How to apply for Assurance Wireless Free Tablets?
Follow these simple steps if you want to apply for an Assurance Wireless tablet –
- Visit the Assurance Wireless website.
- Select your state of residence.
- Upon selecting your state, the application form for Lifeline and ACP of your state opens up.
- Fill out the application form by providing the necessary details.
- Upload copies of the documents required to prove your eligibility.
- Finally, submit your application for Assurance Wireless free tablets.
- Wait for the provider’s response.
If your application is approved, you will receive an Assurance Wireless free tablet within 2-5 business days.
However, if it is rejected, you will be notified via mail. You can go for reapplication in case of rejection.
Alternatively, you can apply for Assurance Wireless free tablet offline by printing the application form and then sending it with your documentation to the mentioned address for Lifeline Assistance Assurance Wireless on the provider’s website.
States in which Assurance Wireless offers ACP benefits?
Currently, Assurance Wireless offers its services in over 40 states in the United States. These states include Arizona, Arkansas, Alabama, California, Illinois, Michigan, Connecticut, Georgia, Washington, Colorado, New York, Tennessee, New Mexico, Utah, New Jersey, District of Columbia, Nevada, Oregon, North Carolina, Maine, Texas, South Carolina, Florida, Idaho, New Hampshire, Maryland, Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, and Delaware.
Therefore, if you are from any of these states, you can apply for the Assurance Wireless ACP program.
Best Free Government Tablets under ACP Program
The tablets the eligible household receives depend on the state and availability. You cannot determine what tablets you will receive under the ACP program.
The government provides tablets that are in good working condition with basic features, including a microphone, webcam, Wi-Fi capability, etc.
Here are a few of the best free government tablets that you can get –
- Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2021
- Lenovo Tab 5
- LG G Pad 5 -4GB LTE Unlocked Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Black
- Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet
- 2020 Apple iPad – Space Gray (8th generation)
- Fire HD 10 Tablet + Amazon Standing Case (Sandstone White)
- Vortex tablet
- New Microsoft Surface Go 2 – Platinum (Latest Model)
- Google Chromebook
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Alcatel Joy Tab
The government has taken the initiative to technically uplift the lives of low-income people by providing free or discounted internet services and cell phones under Lifeline and ACP programs in association with the best providers in the world.
Assurance Wireless is a key provider offering free services, from free data to free tablets, to eligible low-income households. If you aspire to have an Assurance Wireless free tablet, check your eligibility, whether the provider operates in your state, and apply for the Assurance Wireless ACP program.