The following article contains all the information regarding Sky Devices Free Government tablet and the steps to apply for it.
Being connected has become indispensable in the new media age. The good news is that modern technological devices such as tablets have enabled this. Apart from keeping you connected, these devices can help you do business, work, learn, and access any healthcare service you desire. As a result, these devices have become an integral part of our modern lives.
When it comes to tablets, some of them have high-end features that necessitate a deeper dive into one’s wallet. Although some families can afford to pay for these tablets in advance, others find it difficult to purchase them on the spot. Many families were affected by the introduction of COVID-19, forcing them to stretch their budget in order to purchase a tablet. To bridge the digital divide, the federal government has launched several initiatives to ensure that low-income families can obtain a tablet for home use.
Sky Devices Free Government Tablet- How to Apply
Can I get a Sky Devices government tablet for free?
Sky Devices is a mobile phone manufacturer based in Miami, Florida. Its mission is to produce high-quality mobile devices with appealing designs, powerful technology, and reasonable prices. All devices are made in the United States and have advanced features, durability, and comfort.
Sky Devices sells tablets and wearables in addition to smartphones and feature phones. All of their products are of high quality while remaining reasonably priced.
You can now obtain a Sky Devices tablet from the government for free. You can now apply for Sky devices government tablets through the Lifeline or ACP programs. You will be eligible for this program if you currently receive Lifeline benefits.
Please keep in mind that each household can only receive one free device. You will also be unable to select your preferred device, and the device you receive will most likely be mid-range and lack advanced features.
The FCC‘s Lifeline program assists low-income consumers in making communications services more affordable. The Affordable Connectivity Program, on the other hand, is a new government program that will fund digital tools for low-income families. This program provides eligible customers with a $30 (or $75 on tribal lands) discount on internet services as well as a one-time discount of up to $100 when purchasing a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet.
Sky Devices Free Government Tablet- Who Is Eligible?
When it comes to the Lifeline or ACP program, you have to meet a number of eligibility requirements for you to receive a free Sky Devices tablet from the government. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Household income falls below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Member of certain federal assistance programs, such as Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Federal Public Housing Assistance, Supplemental Security Income, the Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit, or certain Tribal Programs.
AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM (ACP) ELIGIBILITY:
- Household income falls below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Participation in certain federal assistance programs, such as Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Federal Public Housing Assistance, Supplemental Security Income, the Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit, or certain Tribal Programs.
- Have received a federal Pell Grant award in the current award year.
- Receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year.
Steps to apply
You can apply for a free Sky Devices tablet under the Lifeline or ACP federal programs through a few easy steps that are provided below:
- Check if you are eligible for the benefit, and gather all the necessary documents such as personal verification proof (passport, birth certificate, US driving licence, US citizenship certificate), address proof (utility bill, mortgage or lease statement or most recent W-2) and eligibility proof (proof of income like previous year’s documents of the state, federal or tribal tax return, verified documents of social security statements of benefits, letter of the child support award, Workers’ compensation statement of benefits, etc, or documents that provide proof of membership in government aid programs).
- Select a Lifeline/ACP service provider in your area.
- Visit the selected service provider’s official website and fill out the online application form.
- That’s all you need to do. Once you submit your application form, your service provider will check and confirm if you qualify for the program and then contact you to share information regarding your next steps, date of delivery, etc.
- Once the process is complete, the tablet will be shipped to your address.