The following article presents all the information you need regarding the ways to fix your Insignia TV remote not working.
Imagine that your favourite TV show has just added a new episode today. You’re eagerly waiting to get off work, daydreaming about the time you’ll get home and sit down with some delicious comfort food to watch the latest episode. And when you’re finally back home, all set to enjoy your show, you find out that your remote has other plans and simply does not seem to work!
Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING can be as annoying as a situation like this. Sure, you can watch the episode later, but it can get pretty frustrating when something like this happens. But don’t worry, there are some methods you can try before giving up and going to bed.
Sometimes, a simple troubleshooting trick can fix your problem.
Has your remote suddenly stopped working too? Fret not, you’re in the right place. Read on for a complete guide to: Insignia TV remote not working: How to fix.
Why is my Insignia TV remote not working?
Before we get to the part where we offer solutions, it is always better to understand what caused your Insignia TV remote to stop working in the first place. Here are some things that could have caused your remote to stop working:
- Your SmartTV might have lost connection to your remote and need to be reset.
- Remote needs to be re-paired to your TV
- Something might be blocking the signals from your remote from reaching the TV
- The batteries might have died
- Your remote might be damaged due to a water spill, internal or heat damage.
Insignia TV remote not working: Top 5 ways to fix
In case your Insignia TV remote has stopped working, there are a few simple methods you can try to fix the issue.
Let’s get started.
Reset your remote:
This might seem too simple, but a lot of people have been saved the trouble of calling tech support by simply trying to do a reset on their Insignia TV remote. More often than not, this fixes the issue in no time. Here’s how you can do it yourself:
- Hold the Home button continuously
- Press the Menu button three times while still holding the Home button
- Let go of the Home button
- Hit the Menu button nine times
Other ways you can try to reset your remote include removing the batteries and putting them back after 2 to 3 minutes, or trying the remote again after unplugging the TV from the power socket for 60 seconds.
Re-Pair Your Insignia Remote:
Sometimes your Insignia TV remote stops pairing with your TV, which may be the reason why your remote is not working. In such a situation, all you need to do is re-pair your remote to your TV to get it running again. Here are the different ways in which you can re-pair your remote:
- If you have the “enhanced” Insignia remote, re-pairing is quite simple. All you need to do is remove the back portion off the remote, and press and hold the small “pair” button located just above the batteries for 30 seconds. Make sure the remote is pointing towards your TV while you attempt to re-pair.
- If your Insignia remote does not have a ‘pair’ button, you can re-pair using the home button. Just press and hold the Home button for 30 seconds while keeping it pointing in the direction of the TV.
- Alternatively, you can try to re-pair your remote by pressing and holding the back button, the left navigation button and the menu button at the same time for 30 seconds. Again, make sure you are pointing your remote at the TV.
Completely Reset Your Insignia TV:
Use the buttons on the side/back panel or download the Insignia Remote App to your smartphone to completely reset your Insignia TV. Follow these steps:
- Head over to “Settings” from the main page.
- Select the “System” option.
- Select the option that says “Reset to Factory Defaults”.
- That’s it! After this, your TV will revert to its factory settings.
Trying this method should probably fix any disconnection issues. Remember, that you will need to sign in again to all your streaming services after the reset process.
Another method to reset your TV is similar to how you would reset your iPhone. Simply press the power button for 10 seconds, or until the time the screen changes, and everything should be back to working normally.
Check your receiver for a blockage:
Even when nothing might be actually wrong with either your TV or your remote, something might be creating a blockage between your remote and your TV receiver. Maybe a piece of home decor might be standing in the way of the signal, which might have caused the issue.
Check for any such object that might be causing the problem and remove ot from the way, before trying your remote again.
Check your batteries:
This is probably the last thing you might want to hear right now, but sometimes, it is just a small battery problem that might be causing issues.
Even if you swapped out the old batteries for new ones, you might have inserted them incorrectly which might cause your remote to stop working.
Use your smartphone instead of the Insignia TV remote
If none of the above mentioned troubleshooting tricks seem to get your remote up and running again, and you desperately want to watch something on your TV, you can use your smartphone to control the TV instead of the remote.
Insignia TV has a mobile app available for both, Android and iOS devices through which you can control your TV. All you need to do is download the app from the app store onto your smartphone, and ensure that your phone and TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
There are several simple troubleshooting tips and tricks that you can try to get your Insignia TV remote working again. Resetting your remote or TV, replacing old batteries, or re-pairing your remote to your TV are some of the easy methods that seem to work for most people.
If none of these solutions work for you, you can control your TV through your smartphone, through the Insignia TV app, available for both Android and iOS users. Sometimes the remote might be broken beyond repair in which case there’s nothing you can do except purchase a new remote.
I hope you found this article helpful. Let us know in the comments which method did the trick for you!