Trump Media & Technology Group, the former US President Donald Trump’s technology firm, launched Truth Social in February of this year (TMTG). The app was created in response to a ban on the former president imposed by Big Tech platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in January 2022, following the Trump supporters’ attack on the Capitol building. Trump asserts that the Truth Social platform encourages free speech and a “cancel cancel-culture.” “Truth Social is America’s “Big Tent” social media platform that promotes open, free, and honest global dialogue across political ideologies.” -describes the Truth Social official website.
Even though the app was launched as per schedule, it has hit a few bumps along the road as many users have reported that the app is not functioning properly. Many are still waiting to register for an account in the long waiting list. In the middle of this chaos, we bring you a detailed guide to solve one of your major problems — how to reset your password if you have forgotten it.
How to reset your password on the Truth Social app if you have forgotten it
- Step 1 – open the Truth Social app on your device and head over to the sign-in page.
- Step 2 – click on ‘forgot password’ right under the space where you’re supposed to fill in your password.
- Step 3 – you will be redirected to a page where you will be required to enter your email id that was registered with Truth Social at the time of sign-up.
- Step 4 – after you enter your registered email, you will be redirected to another page which will state that the Truth Social app has sent you an email. Open your registered email account, open the email sent by Truth Social, and click on the link that has been provided in the email. If you haven’t received the email, then click on the tab that reads ‘resend password reset link’. You should receive an email shortly after. Also, make sure to check your spam bin for the email.
- Step 5 – Once you click on the link, you will be redirected to a page that requests you to reset a new password for your account. Enter your registered email in the space provided. Once you’re done, click on ‘save password’.
You will see a page open up that states that your new password has been updated. That’s it. Your password has been reset.
How to reset Truth Social password without email and phone number
Unfortunately, there is no way for you to reset your password without the registered email id or phone number. You need access to at least one of them to reset a new password for your account. If the Truth Social team creates a new method to reset your password without the registered email id or phone number, we will update you, so stay tuned. For more support, you can contact Truth Social customer care.
Truth Social reaches App Store #1 within 12 hours of its launch, retains its glory 2 months down the line
Despite having a rocky start, Truth Social has taken off to the top of the charts on the Apple app store, surpassing Twitter and Tik Tok. Downloads of former President Donald Trump’s Truth Social increased by 150 per cent from April 18 to April 25, reaching 75,000 for the week. Trump’s Truth Social has been downloaded nearly 1.4 million times since its initial release in February of this year.