The following article presents all the information you will need regarding how to get FeelSafe Wireless free government phone, the steps to apply, eligibility criteria and more.
FeelSafe Wireless is a service provider that provides Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program benefits to customers in California, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and South Carolina among other states. FeelSafe was purchased by HTH Communications and renamed AirTalk Wireless. HTH Communications also owns Cintex and NewPhone Wireless.
Are you looking for ways to get a FeelSafe Wireless free government phone? You are in the right place! Read on to find out how you can get a free FeelSafe Wireless phone from the government.
How to Get FeelSafe Wireless Free Government Phone
In order to get a FeelSafe Wireless phone free of charge from the government, you must qualify for the Lifeline assistance program. The Lifeline assistance program is an initiative undertaken by the FCC to provide reliable communication services to low income people at affordable rates.
The program offers up to $9.25 off qualifying monthly phone service, broadband service, or bundled phone-broadband packages (or $34.25 for eligible households living on Tribal lands). Furthermore, wireless service providers that participate in Lifeline and offer these discounts frequently provide free government phones to eligible customers. The free device, in conjunction with the free monthly services, enables low-income customers to stay connected with their loved ones, work, education, healthcare, emergency services, and other services.
In contrast, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a brand new government assistance program that has replaced the now-expired Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), which was created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. ACP offers discounts on monthly internet services as well as connected devices. Eligible households can receive a $30 monthly broadband service discount (or a $75 discount for eligible Tribal households).
Certain ACP providers also offer qualifying customers a one-time $100 discount when purchasing a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. The customer must, however, pay a mandatory co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50 in order to receive the device, according to FCC rules.
In case you are looking to apply for the Lifeline assistance program or the Affordable Connectivity Program through FeelSafe Wireless (i.e. AirTalk Wireless), here are some things you need to know before applying.
Who is Eligible to Get a FeelSafe Wireless Free Government Phone?
FeelSafe Wireless phones are not available for free for everyone who wishes to apply. To receive the benefits of the Lifeline Assistance Program through FeelSafe Wireless, you must meet at least one of the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Household income should be below 135% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Must be participating in other federal assistance programs such as:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program),
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Welfare or temporary assistance for needy families ( TANF)
- Special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children ( WIC)
- Federal public housing assistance
- Low income home energy assistance program
- Tribal head start for tribal lands
- Bureau of Indian affairs general assistance for tribal lands
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations
- Tribally administered temporary assistance for needy families.
- Must have received a federal Pell grant in the current award year
If you meet even one of the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you will qualify to receive the benefits of the Lifeline assistance program through FeelSafe Wireless. Also, if you qualify for the Lifeline program, you are automatically eligible to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program .
To apply for the previously mentioned assistance programs, you must have documents proving your eligibility. Here is a list of all the documents that can be used as proof of eligibility:
- Pension statement of benefits to prove eligibility based on income
- Social security statement of benefits to prove eligibility based on income
- Unemployment statement of benefits to prove joblessness
- Federal/ tribal of state tax return copy to prove that your income is below the required level
- Medicaid participation dated letter
- SSI cover letter
- Federal Pell grant letter
Steps to get free phone from the government through FeelSafe Wireless
Follow the few simple steps provided below to apply for a FeelSafe Wireless free government phone:
- Make sure that you qualify for the Lifeline assistance and the Affordable Connectivity programs by referring to the eligibility criteria mentioned in the previous sections.
- Gather your documents that provide proof of your eligibility
- Apply for a FeelSafe Wireless free government phone from the official website online, or via mail.
- That’s it! That is all you need to do to apply for a free FeelSafe Wireless phone from the government. Once your application is received, it will be reviewed. Once the eligibility is confirmed by them, you will receive your free phone from the government in a few days.
Which phone models does FeelSafe Wireless offer?
If you are eligible for an AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless free government phone, you are in luck, as the provider offers some of the best smartphones. FeelSafe/AirTalk is not only one of the few Lifeline/ACP providers that offers iPhones in addition to Android smartphones, but it also offers newer models with more advanced features than other providers.
Here is a list of all the phones that FeelSafe Wireless provides the customers:
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone SE
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel 3A
- LG G7 thinQ
- LG K51
- LG Stylo 5
- LG V40 ThinQ
- LG V50 ThinQ 5G
- Motorola G Stylus
- Motorola Moto G7 Power
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus N200 Nord5G
- Samsung Galaxy A20s
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Note 8
Keep in mind that you will not be able to choose the model of your choice if you are getting one for free from the government under the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity programs. The phone model you will get, depends on the availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which carrier does FeelSafe Wireless use?
FeelSafe Wireless uses AT&T carrier to provide its services.
Can I get a free tablet from FeelSafe Wireless?
Yes, you can get a free tablet too, as people who qualify for Lifeline benefits automatically qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program. Simply apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program through FeelSafe and you will receive your free tablet in a few days once your application is approved.
Where can I check my application status?
You can check the status of your application by visiting airtalkwireless.com/check-status. Alternatively, you can contact customer service to ask for the status of your application.