The following article contains all the information you will need regarding How to Cancel Asurion Home Plus.
Asurion is a leading insurance company for electronic gadgets such as smartphones, tablets, consumer electronics, appliances, satellite receivers and jewellery. The company offers a wide variety of plans for its customers to pick and choose from. In case your device gets damaged, your Asurion insurance plan takes care of it with the help of their thousands of U.S-based experts, always ready to help customers fix unexpected issues.
But in case you find yourself in a situation where you don’t really need an Asurion insurance plan, or have found a better one someplace else, you might be looking to cancel your plan. Cancelling insurance plans can prove to be quite a hassle, but fret not. We got you covered!
Are you looking to cancel your Asurion Home Plus plan? Read on to find out how to do just that!
An Easy Guide to Cancel Your Asurion Home Plus Plan
You can cancel your Asurion Home Plus insurance plan anytime you wish to do so. In case you find yourself dissatisfied with the service within the first 30 days of getting the subscription, you can cancel your plan and receive a full refund. But if you do so after the 30 day window period, your refund will be prorated.
What Plans Does Asurion Offer and What’s Included in Them?
Asurion offers three different kinds of insurance plans according to the needs of its customers. The three plans are:
- Asurion Phone Protection: this plan covers insurance for your mobile devices
- Asurion Home Plus: provides coverage for electronics, including televisions, computers, and other similar devices
- Asurion Appliance Protection: provides insurance for kitchen and laundry appliances
The insurance plans will fix your devices in cases such as :
- Mechanical or electrical malfunctions
- Failure due to regular usage
The insurance plans do not lend their benefits in cases such as cracked screens, or damage due to drops or spills. Asurion also doesn’t provide coverage for lost, stolen or intentionally damaged devices, along with minor damages such as scratches or dents.
How Do I Cancel My Asurion Home Plus Insurance Plan?
You can cancel your Asurion Home Plus insurance plan at any time by dialling (844) 529-2692. You can receive a refund equal to the portion of the current month’s payment that corresponds to the date of your cancellation. Please note that all product claims need to be submitted within 30 days after cancellation.
How do I cancel my Asurion Phone Plan?
Asurion does not clearly state the procedure to cancel its phone insurance plan, however, you can enquire about the same by dialling on the number: 866-551-5924.
Make sure that you have some documentation at hand, such as a phone bill or a screenshot of your account details indicating that your current phone insurance plan still covers your phone before you proceed to cancel your Asurion plan, regardless of your network provider.
Other Methods to Cancel your Asurion Plan
Cancel through Do Not Pay
You might agree that cancelling your Asurion plan might not be the easiest thing to do, given the hassle of calling customer care and waiting for long periods of time before you can actually get your work done. This is where Do Not Pay comes to the rescue. Do Not Pay has several convenient ways to cancel your Asurion plan, along with a wide variety of other subscriptions like an unhelpful fitness plan.
Here’s how you can cancel your Asurion plan using Do Not Pay:
- Head over to the official Do Not Pay website
- Sign in to your account and click on ‘manage subscriptions.’
- Select the service you wish to cancel
- Provide the required information like your contact details associated with the account.
- That’s it! Your subscription will now get cancelled.
Cancel Through Service Provider
Alternatively, you can cancel your Asurion insurance plans through your service providers as well.
To cancel through AT&T:
- Online: sign in to your account through the official website and select the devices you wish to remove subscription for under the ‘My Devices and Features’ menu.
- Through phone: call 611, or 1-800-331-0500 to request cancellation. The services are available 24/7.
To cancel through Sprint/T-Mobile:
- Online: head over to the official website, log in to your account and under the ‘Add/Remove services’ menu, select the Asurion subscription you wish to cancel
- Through phone: dial 1-888-211-4727 to request for cancellation of your Asurion subscription.
You can get your Asurion plan cancelled anytime you wish to by calling their customer service. If you cancel within the 30 day period, you will also get a full refund. There are several alternate methods to get your Asurion plan cancelled like Do Not Pay, or through your service provider.